Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 6 - Part 2 - My Thoughts on the Virtual Tour

I watched
Ali's
Stephanie's
Cassy's
Virtual Tours

I really had fun with this assignment!

Some upsides are that it is a more exciting way to learn about many subjects like history, and cultures, and geography. It's more interactive and fun. Another upside is you can "visit" places that you would not normally be able to. You can see the surroundings and pictures, and all sorts of things.

Some downsides are it is time consuming to make these tours, especially if you want it to be a quality tour. I think if I were to use these I would try to make a couple every year and just build up my reservoir of tours. Another downside is that google earth takes a while to acclamate to, so I would probably do the tour as a whole class on a projector to familiarize my students with it and then walk them through google earth in the computer lab.

I loved this activity. It was probably my favorite thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment